(815) 965-2000 - - WE ARE OPEN DURING COVID-19 LOCKDOWN - -

When you are in a motor vehicle collision caused by someone else’s negligence, the insurance company for that other driver will routinely tell you that they will pay all of your medical bills, and to just have your doctors send them the bills.  But what they don’t tell you is that they won’t pay any bills until your case settles.
The truth is that they will only pay for the bills that are “reasonable in amount” for treatment “necessary” as a result of the injuries sustained.   There are many ways insurance companies can dispute what bills they may pay by arguing they are not “reasonable in amount” or for “necessary” treatment.
The more pressing issue is when those bills will be paid.   Adverse insurance companies do not have to pay any of your bills until the case settles.  That could mean your bills may not get paid for months or even years.  If you wait for the adverse insurance company to pay your bills, they may go to collection and some doctors may refuse to provide medical care to you because of the outstanding balances.
To guard against this, always submit any medical bills you incur for injuries sustained in a car crash first to your own car insurance, and if those limits get reached, then to your own health insurance.  This will ensure your bills get paid in a timely manner and you get the medical attention you deserve as you need that care.
At MacCloskeyKesler and Associates, we have handled thousands of car accident cases and know how to make sure your bills get paid and you get the medical treatment you need.   There are time limits for settling cases, however, and time limits within which bills need to be submitted to your insurance companies.  We also know how to pay your insurance companies back after your case settles.
But it is important to contact us as soon as you can after a collision.   The sooner we get involved, the sooner we can get your bills paid and keep bill collectors from ruining your credit.  So call us now for a free consultation at 815-965-2000.